Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Love-hate You


I love-hate the world wide web. It just makes things a lot easier. (It really is a small world after all.)

It is an instant friend, your bestfriend that you can turn to, whether you are happy or sad. Create your blog and pour your thoughts out to the world. Nevermind if the world won't listen. Join forums and you get to have new friends. Find online opportunities; just make sure it is not a scam.

Now the downsides. There are pranksters and hackers. (I do not do my shopping and banking online. It would take a lot of convincing for me to do so.) Plagiarists are everywhere. Now this. You join a forum and discover something. Accidentally. And you wish you didn't read about it. Yeah, ignorance is bliss. But well, knowledge (or the truth, whatever it is?) is freeing.

So, I do love-hate the internet. In any way, I am still writing. My thoughts. A little guarded, though. Not that I have to hide anything. It's like sharing a part of yourself to the public. And who knows who'll get to read this.

1 comment: